The League Executive have met and resolved the following:
1) The Lancashire League Cricket Championship will not be competed for in 2020.
2) We will look to introduce a reduced competition once restrictions are lifted.
3) The Worsley and Junior Cup Competitions will not be played in 2020.
4) We envisage that play will not commence until the first weekend in July (3rd/4th/5th) but will monitor and review this on an ongoing basis.
5) Should play then be possible we will look to play 2 divisions at both 1st and 2nd levels with clubs playing each other once.
6) A third eleven competition will also be arranged, on a 2 Division basis.
7) A T20 Competition will be arranged in a format to be announced.
8) As there will be no formal League or cup competitions in 2020 the requirement in the rules that each Club MUST engage a professional [rule C1.1] will be relaxed so that if a club plays any match without a professional there will be no penalty.
The intention of the League Executive is to provide all of our member Clubs with the opportunity to play as much cricket as possible during 2020. However, when and if this can be achieved is a matter beyond our control at this moment in time. We remain positive and hopeful and will issue updates should conditions change.