and join us for
Learn new skills, meet new friends and have fun!
At Bacup Cricket Club, we have a thriving Junior Section. Our cricket teams are from Under 9 through to Under 18's. We also have a "Nippers" group aimed at the younger age 5 and upwards. All children receive age appropriate group training by our team of experienced coaches.
Our training evenings are held each Friday from the end of April right through until end of August. We also hold various indoor Winter Net Sessions.
If your child would like to attend our cricket sessions, or you have any questions, please do contact us by using the "Chat" facility below or the Contact button and we will be pleased to help.
JUNIOR CRICKET FOR ALL ABILITIES, AGES 5 UPWARDS
MEET OUR COACHES
We have a team of experienced coaches on hand to train your child and help them to learn about the game of cricket alongside lots of fun and training matches.
All of our coaches are DBS checked.
GROUPS & TIMES
U9 - U18
Every Friday evening
6.15pm - 7.45pm
14th April - 1st September
**no training on 2nd & 16th June
7.15pm - 8.00pm
Monday 22nd May - Monday 10th July 2023
6.30pm - 7.15pm
We are proud to offer All Stars Cricket for the upcoming
season. New recruits wil receive an All Stars Cricket participation pack
including a bat, ball, backpack with bag tag and personalised t-shirt. Returners receive an All Stars Cricket participation pack including a set of stumps, ball, kit bag with bag tag and personalised t-shirt.
It is the perfect introduction for all boys and girls aged 5 to 8 years old and new to the game of cricket.
Children will learn fundamental movement skills including catching, throwing and batting. Soft balls & plastic bats are used by all participants which are provided.
Register your child here:
Club, Junior & Fixtures Secretary
Club Safeguarding & Welfare Officer
Junior Cricket Coordinator
The club has arranged for our junior players to take part in BoxFit sessions at Body Box Fitness for 12 weeks during the winter period.
Plenty of fun, fitness and team work - which will help them with their cricket once the season starts.
Memberships can be purchased direct online at www.bacupcc.com/memberships
We always welcome new junior players, they are welcome to come to their first two sessions for free before choosing their memberships.
£90 per annum - payable by the end of April
This membership covers both training and all League matches. This includes Match Kit consisting of top, bottoms and 3/4 zip top should kit be required
£60 per annum - payable by the end of April
This membership covers both training and all League matches throughout the season. This membership is for current playing members that do not require a new kit.
Junior Non Player & Nippers Group
£25 per annum - payable by the end of April
This membership covers all training sessions throughout the season. Should you wish to purchase training kit, this is available at additional cost from Surridge Sports.
£25 per annum - payable by the end of April
This membership covers all training sessions throughout the season. If you wish to purchase training/match kit, this is available at additional cost from Surridge Sports.
Upon paying your Membership, you will need to complete the Junior Membership form and the Photograph Permission Form which will be given to you to fill out on behalf of your child. Please ensure these are completed and returned at the earliest opportunity.
We very much welcome Parents to become members and support our club. Club membership is just £35 per annum
KIT & EQUIPMENT
All Juniors in hard ball cricket must wear their own helmet and box when batting and when standing up to the stumps for
close fielding or wicket keeping. All Juniors must wear their own helmet, batting gloves and box when practicing/playing
with a hard corkie cricket ball on the outfield, or during indoor practice and match play. If you are unsure about equipment
to purchase please speak with your Team Manager who will be pleased to advise.
Under 9's , All Stars & Girls cricket are all soft ball. It is advised that batting gloves are worn at U9 level, but not necessary. Equipment and kit is provided for All Stars.
All junior team members wear the Bacup CC navy blue kit for matches, please ensure your child weaing the correct kit for
matches, this helps them to all feel part of a team and represent our club well. You re able to selct the size of kit required at the
time of purchasing Junior Membership on the website. Sample sizes are available should you wish to check sizing prior to ordering.
Please ensure that your child has the appropriate sun protection (suncream/hats) and water to drink during training & matches. Coaches are unable to supply or apply suncream to your child.
Girls kit is available with a pink trim which needs requesting at the time of order.
Kits take approximately 3 weeks to arrive once ordered.
With special thanks to our Sponsors:
Find out more
about joining Bacup
SAFEGUARDING & WELFARE
Hello, my name is Rachel Hannan and I am the Welfare & Safeguarding Offier for Bacup Cricket Club. I am a primary school teacher and have worked with children from reception age upwards. At BCC we take safeguarding and welfare of all the children seriously. I am always available if you have any questions or concerns regarding Safeguarding.
Club Welfare and Safeguarding Officer
My role as Club Welfare Officer is to be the person with primary responsibility for managing and reporting concerns about children and for putting into place and maintaining procedures to safeguard children at the club. You will find host of infomration regarding our Safeguarding policy behind the bar at the club. We will be installing a brand new noticeboard on the ground to display important information. Our Junior Coaches will notify you once this has been installed. In the meantime, you will find our policies and various information on our website bacupcc.com or direct the ECB website
Bacup Cricket Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well being of all its members. The Club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents/carers or guardians associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with any committee member.
As a member of Bacup Cricket Club you are expected to abide by the general rules of the Club, our code of conduct for cricketers and by following Junior Club rules.
* All members must play cricket within the laws and in the spirit of the game.
* All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
* Members should keep to agreed timings for practice and matches or inform their coach or team manager at the earliest possible opportunity if they cannot play or are going to be late.
* Members must wear suitable kit for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach/team manager.
* Members must pay Membership fees promptly and by the agreed date.
* Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
* Junior members or not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Encourage your child to learn the laws of the game and to play within the spirit of those laws.
2. Discourage unfair play, and disputes with officials/coaches etc.
3. Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
4. Encourage your child to have a commitment to the club, and to show pride in representing the club.
5. Set a good example by recognising fair play, and applauding the good performances of all, including opponents.
6. Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
7. Publicly accept the judgement of officials without argument or comment.
8. Support your child’s involvement and help them enjoy their sport and to develop within it.
9. Use correct and proper language at all times.
10. Do not forget, children are involved in organised sport for their enjoyment, and not yours!
11. There will be occasions when you will want to discuss your child’s performance or involvement with the Team Manager or Coach. Please do this at a mutually agreed time and not during a game.
12. Spectators are required to please follow the above guidelines when watching junior cricket, either home or away.
13. Parents/guardians of U9, U11 U13 are required to be in attendance at the club whilst training and matches involving their children are underway.
Please also note that at the conclusion of a formal training session or match, your child/ren are your responsibility and no responsibility for them is assumed by Bacup CC.
We ask all spectators, be they parents, guardians, relatives and friends to abide by the code of conduct below, for the enjoyment of everyone.