Bacup Cricket Club Code Of Conduct
Members and Guests of Cricket Club are required to abide by the provisions of this Code of Conduct and any subsequent updates as may be in force from time to time, and by their presence on club premises or at club events or activities are deemed to have accepted and to abide by the provisions of this Code and any other relevant Codes of Conduct.
Rules or Regulations the Club has adopted.
All Members and Guests of Bacup Cricket Club will:
· Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person within the context of Cricket.
· Treat everyone equally and not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, nationality, colour, parental or marital status, religious belief, class or social background, sexual preference or political belief.
· Not condone, or allow to go unchallenged, any form of discrimination if witnessed.
· Display high standards of behaviour.
· Promote the positive aspects of Cricket e.g. fair play.
· Encourage all participants to learn the Laws and rules and play within them, respecting the decisions of match officials.
· Actively discourage unfair play, rule violations and arguing with match officials.
· Recognise good performance not just match results.
· Place the well-being and safety of children above the development of performance.
· Ensure that activities are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of the individual.
· Respect children’s opinions when making decisions about their participation in Cricket.
· Not smoke, drink or use banned substances whilst actively working with children in the Club.
· Not provide children with alcohol when they are under the care of the Club.
· Follow ECB guidelines set out in the ‘Safe Hands – Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children’ and any other relevant guidelines issued.
· Report any concerns in relation to a child, following reporting procedures laid down by the ECB.
· In addition to the above, all Club Officers and Appointed Volunteers will:
. Have been appropriately vetted, if required, before taking on their role.
. Hold relevant qualifications and be covered by appropriate insurance.
. Always work in an open environment (i.e. avoid private or unobserved situations and encourage an open environment).
. Inform Players and Parents of the requirements of Cricket.
. Know and understand the ECB’s ‘Safe Hands – Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children’.
. Develop an appropriate working relationship with young players, based on mutual trust and respect.
. Ensure that physical contact is appropriate and necessary and is carried out within recommended guidelines with the young player’s full consent and approval.
. Not engage in any form of sexually related contact with a young player. This is strictly forbidden as is sexual innuendo, flirting or inappropriate gestures and terms.
The ECB adopts the Home Office guidelines which recommend the principle
-“People in positions of trust and authority do not have sexual relationships with 16-17 year olds in their care”.
. Attend appropriate training to keep up to date with their role, especially that relating to the Safeguarding of children. If a breach of the provisions or principles of this Code occurs or is reasonably suspected to have occurred the Club reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate, including but not limited to asking the person responsible for the breach to leave the Club premises. Any disciplinary or complaint hearings in connection with a breach of these rules shall be dealt with in accordance with the disciplinary procedure as set out in the Club constitution or Cricket Section Regulations as may be amended from time to time.
Date Adopted: 01/01/2014
Inclusion and Diversity Policy
Bacup Cricket Club in all its activities, is fully committed to the principles of equality of opportunity in cricket, and to ensuring that its employees, members
and all other individuals working or volunteering for Bacup Cricket Club and participating in or watching Bacup Cricket Club’s activities are treated fairly and are able to conduct their activities free from discrimination, harassment or intimidation.
•Bacup Cricket Club in all its activities will not discriminate, or in any way treat anyone less favourably against on the grounds of age, gender,
disability, race, parental or marital status, pregnancy, religion or belief or sexual orientation
•Bacup Cricket Club will not tolerate harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of individuals.
•Bacup Cricket Club will endeavour to create access and opportunities for all those individuals who wish to participate, and are lawfully eligible
to participate, in its activities.
•Bacup Cricket Club will ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that
its employees, members and volunteers adhere to these requirements and this policy.
•This policy is fully supported by Bacup Cricket Club’s officers and committee who are responsible for the implementation of this policy.
Bacup Cricket Club is committed to the investigation of any claims when brought to its attention, of discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of an individual, and reserves the right to impose such sanction as it considers appropriate and proportionate, where such is found to be the case.
•In the event that any employee, member, volunteer, participant or spectator feels that he has suffered discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation, they should report the matter in writing to the committee of Bacup Cricket Club.
•Any such report should include: details of what occurred; when and where the occurrence took place; any witness details and copies of any
•If the accused individual is an employee, the committee will regard the issue as a disciplinary issue and will follow Bacup Cricket Club’s employment disciplinary procedure.
•If the accused individual is a non-employee, the committee:
- may decide (at its sole discretion) to uphold or dismiss the complaint without holding a hearing;
- may (at its sole discretion) hold a hearing at which both parties will be entitled to attend and present their case;
- will have the power to impose any one or more of the following sanctions on any person found to be in breach of any policy:
(a) warn as to future conduct;
(b) suspend from membership;
(c) remove from membership;
(d) exclude a non-member from the facility, either temporarily or permanently; and
(e) turn down a non-member’s current and/or future membership application; and
- will provide both parties with written reasons for its decision.
•A party may appeal a decision of the committee to the relevant County Cricket board by writing to the relevant County Cricket Board within
3 months of Bacup Cricket Club’s decision being notified to that party.
•If the nature of the complaint is with regard to the committee of Bacup Cricket Club the complainant may report the complaint directly to the relevant County Cricket Board.
•This policy will be reviewed periodically by Bacup Cricket Club in consultation with the England and Wales Cricket Board Limited.
Use of social media whilst representing Bacup Cricket Club and The Lancashire League
Guidelines For Dealing With An Incident / Accident
Bacup Health Centre 01706 253346
Royal Blackburn Hospital 01254 263555
A map to the local doctor’s surgery/hospital can be found through the links above.
Bacup Police 01282 210389/425001
•Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation. Is there danger of further injuries?
•Listen to what the injured person is saying.
•Alert the qualified First Aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries.
•In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services – 999.
•The telephone number for NHS Direct is: 0845 46 47or
•Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised and safe.
•Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency medics.
•Contact the injured person’s parent / carer / guardian.
•Complete an Incident / Accident Report Form.
SOCIAL CLUB TREASURER
HONORARY LIFE MEMBERS
ANDREW M MACKENZIE
FIRST XI CAPTAIN
FIRST TEAM SCORER
SECOND XI CAPTAIN
SECOND TEAM SCORER
THIRD XI CAPTAIN
THIRD TEAM SCORER
UNDER 9 COACH
UNDER 11 COACH
UNDER 13 COACH
PETE DONOVAN &
UNDER 15 COACH
UNDER 17 COACH